Friday, May 28, 2010

We Must Be Doing Something Right!

Because the plants are HAY-UGE!!! We think we're going to have to pull up some of the squash plants because they are so big it's not even funny. We'll still get plenty of squash, even if we pull out half the plants!

This week:


And, this is last week! Can you believe the difference? It's astonishing to me! Wow! And, this is organic, no fertilizer, no pesticides! I'm so proud of JD and me being able to do this! Yay!


Some more "close-ups" of this week. Sorry I didn't get more detailed pictures of each vegetable, but it was raining, and I don't like to get wet, and I had to go to work.



Have a wonderful long weekend!!! I'm seeing my mom and dad this weekend and could NOT be more excited!


2 comments:

Shannon said...

That's incredible. You won't believe what's happened to my tomato plant -- this past Sunday, we were at church (we're there from 850-1pm) and during that time, a HUGE rain/thunderstorm came. And it drowned my tomato plant. Well, now the bottom leaves are yellow and my plant is all droopy :| It's been 5 days, and the soil in my pot is STILL soaking wet!!!!! So I haven't watered it in a week. Ugh! I hope my little plant can recover! :[ The man next door already has a ton of green tomatoes on his tomato plants. Not fair!

Brittany said...

It *should* dry out. I hope. You're right, tomatoes don't like a lot of water. Especially when they're in pots (last year I killed all my tomatoes because I watered them every day, but no one told me any different). Hmmm. I'm sorry! :( I bet they'll spring back, though.

Want a squash plant? I mean, if I could mail a full-grown squash plant to you, I would! :)