Friday, May 21, 2010

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary...

How does your garden grow? Well, my garden is growing pretty darn good, if you ask me! Here are my updates pictures for this week!

My strawberries are growing like crazy, and it's impossible to keep them weeded because the plants are so thick, so, bring on the weeds! They're not affecting my strawberries, so I'm happy. I'm NOT happy, however, that rabbits and squirrels keep eating on my strawberries. Dumb woodland creatures.


Voila. Here's the garden this week. Look how big my plants are!!


Peas


Cucumber


Beans


Squash. Oh my, I'm going to have squash coming out my ears. Have great squash recipes, anyone? I'll need suggestions.


Lettuce (in the front) and carrots (in the back)


Tomatoes. I found a flower on one this morning which means we should have tomatoes soon.


Pepper.


Broccoli.


Melon.


Basil. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get it to look better? My basil isn't as impressive this year as it was last year. Should I just give it more time?


Sage


Flat-leaf Parsley


Cilantro

That's it. Really, please, I'm begging you, any suggestions or tips or recipes are encouraged. Please. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I am so impressed!! Your garden has come such a long way! :) I'm excited to see just how many of each veggie you come out with. Yummm. I think my one little tomato plant is growing. Hehe.