Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Perfect.

So I was going to do this amazing blog post on Sunday about what Ekklesia is. We met at a local park, and I had it in my mind that I was going to take these amazing Pioneer-Woman-inspired photos that perfectly captured the beauty that is my community. Really, it was going to be wonderful (not to mention totally crazy because I CAN'T take amazing pictures like the Pioneer Woman, but still, I like to build things up in my head).

Then, I rushed out of the house and forgot the camera. Darn it. Guess that post will have to wait. In a couple weeks, we're all taking a camping trip and having a good ole fashion field day (you know, with water balloon fights, sack races, egg races, etc.), and I am DEFINITELY going to bring my camera then. I'll get that post done. I promise. Because I know some of you want to know what we do at Ekklesia. Well, there aren't really words (which is why I've stopped trying to explain us), but I hope to capture what we are with my camera.

But, seriously, my weekend was perfect. Saturday consisted of chocolate chip waffles, gardening, mowing (my husband mows, not me, because I can't walk in a straight line to save my life), disc golf, and grilling out. "Heaven on earth" is the phrase that kept coming to mind all day Saturday.

Sunday, Ekklesia met at the park, then we went to a friend's pool. JD and I went to Broadway for youth and brought our "children" (aka Penelope and Capo), and then watched the finale of LOST with Jennifer. Once again, perfect.

Do you ever have those moments where you just look around and want to cry or laugh or dance (or do all three at the same time) because of the beauty and perfection and love that surrounds you? I had that all weekend, but especially sitting under a big tree at a park on Sunday with my community. Wow.

It was perfect.




P.S. Stay tuned because I have a few recipes ready to go, plus I get to see my mom and dad this weekend, and I'm sure we'll do some thrifting and looking for mid-century modern wonders. Plus, I'm scouring the web for recipes for a certain type of homemade "something" (I can't tell you, yet, it's a surprise!). And, of course, the garden update. So, many blog posts are coming. Soon. :)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

oh boy!! I can't wait for your new posts! :) I'm sure some else I know is really looking forward to your recipe posts (*cough* MOM *cough*) :) Your group thingy sounds so fun! I looove field day-type things! Don't forget your camera when you go on your fun camping trip!!!! :D

Magen said...

I'm definitely bringing my camera too! I'm glad you had such a good weekend :) Can't wait to see you guys again!

Brittany said...

I'm so glad you're bringing your camera, Magen. Cannot wait to see you! I feel like it's been too long already!

Shannon, I really hope your mom likes my food posts. Makes me nervous. Seriously, now when I put up a food post, I think, "I hope Shannon's mom likes this one." Haha. I'm such a dork!