Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I love you. A countdown...

5 years ago, I was bugging you constantly about being engaged. I wanted to be married to you so badly it hurt! :)

4 years ago you threw a concert, played your amazing songs, then surprised me by proposing in front of everyone.

3 years ago (today), I married my best friend in the entire world.

3 years ago (tomorrow), we were in paradise on our honeymoon. (Really, if you've never been to Hawaii, blog reader, you MUST go ASAP.)


2 1/2 years ago, I died my hair brown and you still loved me. We expanded our family by adopting our precious Maltese, Capo, who ruined us forever.

2 years ago, we witnessed an example of true, lasting love as we celebrated my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. Can't wait to celebrate that one (and every one in between and after) with you, baby.

1 year ago, we were in Spain (enough said). Wish we were there right now...

2 weeks ago, we were in Florida enjoying the beach and time with each other.

Today, I am so much more in love with you than I was 5 years, 4 years, 3 years, 2 1/2 years, 2 years, 1 year, 2 weeks, or even 1 day ago.

I love that you do the laundry, clean, do the dishes, help me with whatever project I want to do, go shopping with me, set aside Saturdays as "our day," kiss me on the cheek every night after I have fallen asleep, watch FRIENDS with me for hours, treat me like a princess, get me Starbucks, take me on drives (even when gas is $5000 a gallon), and love me unconditionally.

I love you so much, baby. I love making memories with you and can't wait to keep making more.

Here's to another 70+ years. At least. :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

cutest post EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you two are SO adorable :D also, I wish I could go to Hawaii & Spain! Mark was born in Hawaii.. maybe we'll be stationed in Hawaii or Spain someday (totally possible) :)

Brittany said...

I hope that you do get a chance to visit (or live in) one or both of those places. They are absolutely amazing!

And, thanks for the compliment. I sure am in love with the greatest guy ever (in my opinion.)!!