Monday, May 3, 2010

Sorry for my short break in blogging, but...


I went to Florida! Yes, that's right. JD and I took a much needed, long weekend to Apalachicola, Florida. It was amazing. Here are some pictures from the trip.

I LOVE being in the car. Just ask John David. He'll tell you that my favorite thing to do on "date night" is to get coffee and drive around town. So, I was more than happy to be in the car for over 9 hours.


Apalachicola is just about the cutest little town I've ever visited. It's just so quaint.



This is where we stayed. The Coombs House Inn Bed and Breakfast. Perfect.



And, of course, we had delicious food.

And, we went to the beach as much as possible (it rained Friday, all day, so that wasn't too fun)!


John David dug us holes in the sand so that we could have our own "recliners" to read in while laying in the sun. He's just so creative!

Ok, folks, this is what happens when you feed birds ANYTHING. They swarm and land really close and DON'T GO AWAY. And, if you know me, you know that I do not like birds. So, this was not so much fun. Made a cool picture, though.

Lighthouse. You know, there's one at practically every beach...

And, this is after we went to the beach the last day and ran out of sunscreen. Yes, it's painful. But, yes, it was worth it. I didn't take a good picture with our camera of me, but if you're my friend on facebook, you can see the picture I took of myself with my iPhone. He looks worse than I do, though...


Sorry that there's no Mid-Century Modern Monday post, but I thought this was a little more interesting!

3 comments:

N said...

I LOVE Apalachicola! We've always done our family vacations right across the bridge in St. George so I've spent a lot of time around the area. I personally prefer it over the touristy areas in Florida. Looks like you all had fun!

Natalie Wellman

Shannon said...

I'VE BEEN THERE!! Well, we stayed at St. George Island, but we drove through there too!! I loooove that area! You're right - it IS so quaint!! In St. George, they had the CUTEST little ice cream place, and my dad would buy me a milk shake every day :D (I was like 10, so my body could handle it). Haha. You're so adorable!!! I bet that was the coolest vacation ever!

Brittany said...

We did have so much fun! We try to go somewhere different every year, and next year we're planning on going to England and Ireland, so we decided to just do a long weekend away this year so we could save for next year.

On another note, my face is now peeling and it hurts very bad. This is not fun. Plus, I look like a clown. :(