Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo!

So, tonight, IF I was cooking a feast for Cinco de Mayo, I would probably, most likely, make this recipe. It is seriously one of the very best things I have ever eaten. Leave it to Williams-Sonoma to have a great recipe. Like THAT isn't expected. Ha!

But, I'm not cooking tonight. I'm going to El Mazatlan to eat with some friends.

But, once again, if I was cooking, I'd make this! (And, maybe one day soon I'll make it and put up step-by-step instructions, but not today. Sorry.)

Side note: I don't run the tortillas through the hot oil like it says. I also buy a ready-to-go rotisserie chicken (no cooking a whole chicken for me, that takes WAY too long), and I buy the Kroger brand tomatillo salsa instead of Williams-Sonoma's special chili verde starter or green enchilada sauce. I just like the tomatillo salsa better. AND, you MUST add the feta and onions on top after it's done cooking. It really makes the dish better.

Serve with Mexican rice or a nice salad or chips and salsa/guacamole. It's truly fabulous.


3 comments:

Shannon said...

I want Mexican food :( I'm addicted. I think I have a little Mexican in my blood... I could LIVE off it! Tonight we're having grilled chicken & Brittany Butter Bundles. Not very spirited for Cinco de Mayo, but oh well :\ We have many Williams Sonomas over here -- love that store!

Brittany said...

Well, you need to make this dish sometime. I promise (I mean, if you like the Brittany Butter Bundles) that you won't be disappointed. I love William-Sonoma! I have a pink apron from there that is the best! Plus, I could spend my entire paycheck (plus a millionaires)there! :)

bethel05 said...

Made this tonight and it was yummy! Only made a half recipe though, wish I had made more!