Friday, May 7, 2010

Garden Update

Remember this garden? The one we planted three weeks ago?


Well, now it looks like this:


*Side note: please don't judge me because of all the weeds. We have had a lot of rain recently, and the weeds are growing like crazy!*

Peas:


Cucumbers:


Beans:


Squash:


Tomatoes:


Peppers:


Lettuce:


Carrots:


Broccoli:


Cilantro:


Basil (and my shadow):


Sage and Flat-Leaf Parsley:


Melon:


Hope our little garden continues to grow and flourish. We're doing pretty good right now, but our tomatoes have already started to wilt a little bit, and we only planted them this Wednesday. We water them once a day. Any suggestions, blog readers? I sure could use the help...

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

COOL!!! Oh my gosh, I can't believe everything has sprouted so fast! So when will you be able to pluck a cucumber off the vine? Like... July? August? June? I've no idea how long it takes to go from seed to full-grown veggie. You're going to have so much food! :O I've no suggestions about the tomatoes except maybe to get some tomato plant food. Which I know nothing about. Haha!

Brittany said...

I have no idea when we'll start to harvest. I think the cucumbers still have a little bit to grow and then they'll get flowers and then veggies. Maybe late June? I don't know, though, because they have grown SO much in the last three weeks! Maybe your mom has some advice for my poor tomatoes. They really don't look that bad, I'm just nervous. Maybe I should just go out there and talk to them some. Maybe that's all they need! : )

Oh, and I know I'm going to have SO many vegetables! When you're in town, you're going to have to take some veggies back to VA with you! : )