Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dad...


You are the best father a girl could ever ask for.

You've taught me so many things just by example: wisdom, honesty, work ethic, kindness, selflessness, listening and thinking before speaking, and unconditional love.

Thank you for always loving me, for always being there for me, for always having time to listen, for hanging in there during my teenage years, and for giving me your eyes. :)

I know that I'm all grown now, but know that I really miss our "dates" every Saturday. I miss being able to crawl into your lap, knowing I was always safe there. I miss being around you every day (stupid new job in Dayton and stupid me for growing up).

I know that I have another man in my life now, who treats me like the princess you always told me I was, and who I know will be an amazing father to our little girl one day like you were to me. But please know, Daddy, that I will always be your little girl. Always.

Happy Father's Day!


* Side note: Our computer crashed about 2 months ago, and I now have NO pictures of me and my dad together. Ugh. So, I stole the above picture from facebook. Sorry, Dad. We'll have to remedy the whole "no pictures of us" soon. :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

*sniff* I can't wait til Mark has this kind of relationship with our daughter. Too precious :)