Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Since I just woke up from my second nap this weekend, I am beginning to really understand how much I value my time off from work on Saturdays and Sundays! : ) I'm sorry I missed my post on Friday about the garden, but, believe me, there's hardly anything happening in it. I will do an update post sometime in the next couple days.

Instead of blogging on Friday, I went to hear eventhesky, the band my husband, brother and a couple of close friends are in, play at the Crow's N3st (a new music venue in BG that one of our friends owns). It was a blast. Really. The are amazing, and I am so proud of them!

Saturday was a long day. We got up at 7:30 to get ready for the craft bazaar at TC Cherry. There were a lot of booths set up (with amazing crafts), but not so many people came. I figure it was just because the weather was pretty stormy, but we still had a lot of fun talking to friends and the other merchants at the fair. I hope that next year more people come, because I PROMISE it was amazing! I just wish more people came to shop, that's all! So, if you want to buy candles, soap, necklaces, hair clips and bow headbands from us, we still have some available! Just message me to let me know you want something! I'll post pictures soon, so you know what the knitted items look like!

I really do treasure the times that JD and I get to spend together on Saturdays. Last night was no different. We watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory AND Charlie and the Chocolate Factory while we snacked on chocolate I had won at the bazaar as a door prize. (Yes, did you know that BG now has its own chocolate store? It's next to BAC, and it's amazing. It's called Mary Jane's Chocolates.) Perfect night, indeed.

Today, I woke up and made food for ekklesia. I made an antipasto-style pasta, which I'll post the recipe for later this week. It was delicious! We really just had a great time hanging out today. We really didn't discuss a certain topic, just shared a meal then went to the park (some of the guys played disc golf while the rest of us took the kids to the playground). I love swinging on the swing-set, so I was happy! Then I took a nap and now I'm writing this. Ahhhh, I love the Sabbath.

Long story short, it has been a perfect weekend. I wish EVERY day was the weekend. Now, THAT would be perfect! : )

No comments: