Sunday, April 18, 2010

A change of plans...

So, yesterday when I thought about sitting down to blog, I deemed my weekend time too valuable (and it was too pretty outside) to blog TWICE during the weekend, like I had originally thought. I'm changing things a little bit and am now only going to blog on Sundays. Hope that's okay with everyone. Because, considering two things: 1) this is my first week blogging, so I've never even had a weekend post before and 2) it's my blog (ha!), I hope you're not too disappointed. : )

Yesterday, JD and I went to Thunder Over Louisville with some of our best friends, Matt and Christy. It was our first time going (Matt and Christy had been before), and it was AMAZING! If you live within 3 hours of Louisville, you MUST try to make it next year. Just go REALLY early. We got there a little bit later than Matt and Christy had gotten there in the past, and we barely found a spot to sit. There are literally something crazy like 800,000 people on the Louisville side of the river. And, there are more on the Indiana side. All stuffed into a fairly small area. I have never seen so many amazing fireworks (or so many people) as I did last night. So. Cool. And, of course, I forgot to bring extra batteries for my camera, so I got, oh, about 3 pictures before my camera died. And, none of them are of the fireworks. And, only 2 of them were blog-worthy. Next year. I promise.

We were so excited to see the fireworks (and, still had to wait about 2 hours from the time this picture was taken)!!!

Christy and me.

So, today Ekklesia met. We went to Ben and Beth's house and shared Thai food (we have a theme each week). Now, listen up, if you've never had Thai food, get into your car RIGHT now and find the closest Thai place. It is seriously the best ethnic food I have ever had. Oh my goodness, it's just amazing. Do yourself a favor and try Thai. Anyway, we discussed pacifism versus anti-violence, and just hung out. The pictures below just seem to sum up the day. Because, sometimes there just are no words...





See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

How cute! I've never, ever been to the thunder thing :) I'm totally missing out. But I do love Thai food! I love that Thai restaurant in BG.. oh what's it called.. the one next to Linzies! SO good!!! You're right, it's the best! Well, I love Mexican food the most :) But Thai is good too! Yum!!

Brittany said...

Yes, yes you are. But, next year you'll have Baby Cox, and I DEFINITELY don't recommend taking babies or young kids there. I mean, it's so loud and crowded! There were tons of kids there, but I can't even imagine trying to push a stroller through there (many people were, I just don't see HOW)! And, even if you're wearing Baby Cox (which I'm sure you would be), people push and shove and stuff. Ok, it sounds like it wasn't a great time now that I'm describing all the people, but seriously, it was because the fireworks are just THAT amazing!

Yes, Royal Thai! We love that place. But there is another place closer to my house that is called Thai Express. I think that next time you and Mark are in town, we should get together. And, we should go there!

Shannon said...

So, this is a dumb question, but what are they celebrating with the fire works?! Is it just for the heck of it?! :D It seems like they would do it when it's warmer out. Or something. Is there music and stuff too? What do you do while you wait for the fireworks to start? The drive to KY takes *forever* because we have to drive through the mountains :\ annoying! I sure do miss sweet Kentucky. *sniff* :'[

Brittany said...

It's celebrating the derby. It's always two weeks before the derby. There's music playing and an air show. Basically, you just sit around and hang out. A lot of people brought games to play. It's just kind of a relaxing day (if you don't consider the fact that there are, like, a billion people)!

My mom's family lives in Pennsylvania, so we have to drive through the West Virginia mountains to get there, too. You are right, they are NOT fun!!!