Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Designer on a Budget

Not too long ago, I was standing in the kitchen (washing dishes) of one of my best friends in the world (and mentor and who I want to be like and the most wonderful person ever, really) discussing how to be more simple and how I didn't have to feel like I had to buy the newest, best clothes, and she looked at me and said, "There are plenty of clothes out there, why do you have to buy new ones?" For some reason, it was like a light bulb went off in my head, and I made the vow to try to only buy "used" clothes. Well, I've already failed at that attempt, but at least I'm trying. And, because I've been visiting more consignment stores (notably Beverly Hills Bargain Boutique here in Bowling Green. They don't have a website or I would have linked it), I have found a couple fabulous pairs of designer jeans. The first pair I got were these for $30. That's right folks. A seemingly brand-new pair of $170 jeans for $30. Wow. What a wonderful deal!

Then, I went back to look for capris. I found this pair for $20. Again, a pair of almost $200 jeans for $20! I don't know if you've ever consignment-shopped, but when you find great deals like that, you get this amazing rush. It's a great feeling!! I promise! You should try it.

Oh, and if you're really lucky, like my friend Christy, you'll find an authentic Coach bag (brand new) for $40. That's right. $40!

Man, I LOVE consignment shopping! More about my finds and what I'm looking for next week.
: )

4 comments:

Shannon said...

my friend is a Coach fiend! she would DIE to find a Coach bag for $40!! I went to that consignment store once, but I didn't find anything in my size :\ I think it's alllll about "luck" and getting there at the right time! :) same with baby consignment stores! you just have to be persistent and keep looking! :)

Anonymous said...

I love consignment stores and have had a lot of luck at them! I like BHBB a lot too.

Jackie said...

Wednesday is half off day at Salvo (Salvation Army). It takes time to find the treasures - I'm not sure whose bright idea it was to sort clothes by color rather than size!? I have found great items though!

Brittany said...

I've never even been to our Salvation Army. I think it's time to go. But, why in the world would they organize by color? That's not fun! I know that it's not consignment, but I'm seriously needing some Gabriel Bros. shopping right now...