Friday, April 16, 2010

Because I'm like that...

If you know me at all, you know that while I tell everyone that I'm laid back, I am really, honestly, the type of person who loves a schedule. I mean, I love one. I have to be organized! Don't even TRY to go on a trip with me if we don't have almost every single minute planned out. Don't try to make me go to the grocery store if I don't have a list. Don't ask me to do something if you don't have the details to give me. I know, I know, I sound like I'm very high-maintenance (which my husband would probably tell you is true), but really, I just like to be prepared.

So, long story short, last night when I was starting my blog, I sat down and made a list of what days I would write about certain topics. Now, all of this may change in a couple of months, but for now, this is the plan. Because, I'm like that...

Sunday: I live in an intentional community called Ekklesia. We get together every Sunday to share a meal, have conversations, and just spend time with each other. We pretty much all live within a mile of each other, so it's nice to be able to just do life together. So, I will share a little bit each Sunday about Ekklesia, what type of meal we had, and what we talked about.

Monday: I don't particularly like Mondays (it always means the weekend is over, except for Memorial Day and Labor Day, but, you know, that's beside the point), so I figured I would try to make Mondays fun for myself (and you, my blog reader) by writing about my obsession with mid-century modern design. Just wait, you'll be excited, too!

Tuesday: I love to shop. Particularly for designer clothes at consignment stores. But, seeing as how JD would probably be upset if I bought something designer EVERY week (even from a consignment store), I'll probably blog about what I've found in the past, what I'm looking for, designers that I love, and occasionally, items I have just purchased.

Wednesday: Cooking. Ahhh. It is soothing for me to cook wonderful, healthy (read: less than 450 calories a serving) recipes. So I'll blog about those amazing recipes I've recently made. I may even take some pictures! (I know, I'm totally going to copy off The Pioneer Woman, but I don't care, because she won't read my blog!)

Thursday: Things I Do Thursdays. My hobbies. What books I've read, what knitting project I'm working on, what simple, cost-effective, eco-friendly things I've made for my house, etc. This will be the most exciting for me, I think!

Friday: Gardening! Okay, so this is really the first time JD and I have really had a garden, just the two of us. So, I'll be blogging about our experiences. I just hope we don't kill all our expensive, heirloom, organic seeds. But, more about that later tonight (we're starting the garden today, so I'll be back on here later documenting our experience)!

Saturday: Since JD and I got married, we have tried to set aside one day of the week that we spend every moment together. That day is most often a Saturday. So, what better to write about than my amazingly handsome husband and our two precious dogs? Of course, I'll throw in information about our families, friends, etc, but Saturday will be my "people" day.

So, if there's something that doesn't really interest you, well, then, you can just skip that day of the week. : ) Hope you enjoy...



4 comments:

Shannon said...

I can't wait!! It all sounds magnificent! :) this is going to be one amazing blog! I'm excited to hear the cooking tips too :D

Michelle @ Be Fresh be Simple said...

I'm excited that you are blogging! Can't wait to read it.

Anonymous said...

mid century modern design and gardening??? wow britt that will have me hooked. hahaha

Brittany said...

If you're going to comment anonymously, please sign your name. Please? K thanks!