Monday, April 19, 2010

My Mid-Century Obsession

So, I'm obsessed with having my own atomic ranch one day. What's an atomic ranch, you say? Well, the following pictures represent what I want my house to look like one day (i.e. an atomic ranch). I just have to win the lottery AND find the perfect place to buy all of this furniture (no reproductions for me, I only want originals)! Not out of reach, right? Ha.

Oh. My. Goodness. This house is AMAZING!!! Look at the lime green "pillars." They just DON'T make houses like that anymore (hence why it's mid-century: they're only made from the mid-50s to the mid-60s)!

This living room is perfect. Large window/glass wall/sliding door to the back. Amazing stone fireplace as the center. Beautiful combination of materials and colors: wood, stone, cloth, black, white, tan. And, amazing lamps. Wow.

I love red kitchens. I don't really like red, but I do adore red kitchens. So wonderful. Hard to believe this is at least 50 years old!!

Um, look at the large wall of windows. Need I say more? Beautiful!

And, yes, even this bathroom! It's so wonderful! Ahhh! I'm obsessed, really!

Next week: the couch that started my obsession (and yes, it's sitting in my living room)!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

wow!! that IS really pretty! I've never seen a house like that! I didn't even know they existed! Really, really pretty. I can't wait to see the couch that changed your life. hehe.

Christy said...

Ugh! Totally love it.