Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mmm...Taco Soup. I Mean, Soup. I Mean, Taco Soup!

I finally got around to making Taco Soup last night.  Sorry about not making it Tuesday.  I ate with my in-laws instead! :)

This is so good and so filling and and so simple so healthy! (I mean, if you exclude the fact that everything comes from a can and is probably loaded with sodium, but still...)

Just wanted to say sorry, too, about the pictures.  My wonderful husband had the camera and was not home, so I was forced to use my phone. :/

Cast of Characters:  1 large can of tomato juice, 1 can of corn, 1 can of pinto beans, 1 can of red beans, 1 can of regular Rotel, 1 can of kidney beans, 1 package of taco mix, and 1 can of ranch mix.  Note:  You can substitute ground beef or turkey for of the cans of beans.  Or, you can use just regular diced tomatoes and green chiles instead of Rotel.  This recipe is very easy and very adaptable to whatever you have on hand.

Open up all the cans.

 Pour all the contents of the cans into a large stockpot or Dutch oven.  With their juices.

Pour in the large can of tomato juice.

Add the ranch and taco seasoning packages.

Stir.

Cover and heat on medium-high to high until it begins to boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. And, don't worry, the ranch seasoning will dissolve quickly.


Serve with Fritos and shredded cheese!

Enjoy.  It's so good.  And perfect for chilly Fall days (that is, if Fall ever hits Kentucky)!

Oh, and 5 points to whomever got that my title was a Friends reference.  High five!

No comments: