Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm Baaaaaack!!

What you've missed while I took my little blogging sabbatical:

  • Ekklesia went camping at my parents' house outside Dayton. We had a lot of fun and got to explore Dayton a little.
  • We went to Ikea. My friend and I made a pact to move to Europe because of said store. I fell in love. With. A. Couch. Now I just have to get John David up there to buy it!
  • This past weekend was the first weekend I have spent at home in a month. It was very nice. I like relaxing.
  • I picked out my birthday gift from my parents. It's not any of those bags I had you vote on (they weren't available at the stores we went to). Sorry. But, it's really cute. As soon as I take a picture of it, I'll post it for you to judge.
  • I have REALLY started to fall in love with Modern Family.
  • One of our great friends from high school spent some time with us (he lived in NYC). He's going to be performing on the newest Disney Cruise, and John David and I decided we're going to go on our first ever cruise this late winter/early spring.
  • My adorable, sweet niece turned 6 months old. Where in the world does time go?
  • We've decided to take a family trip to Gatlinburg with my in-laws (YAY)!!!! So excited!
  • My husband was gone for two nights last week. He presented at a workshop at CCDA (Christian Community Development Association) in Chicago. I about died (joking...). But, seriously, I don't like being away from him. He's back now. It's all good.
  • I have started organizing my recipe book. Which means, I'm going to be back in the kitchen cooking and taking pictures VERY soon.
  • My garden is done. Partly because it's getting cold. But, mostly because I have let it get overtaken by weeds and now I'm scared to walk in it because of snakes or other critters. But, we're planning on tilling it all down, then I want to plant garlic bulbs for next spring/summer.
  • We have ALMOST finished the study. Almost. We just lack a couple things. As soon as we get those things completed, I'll post pictures.
  • One of the things I look forward to most in my week is watching Project Runway and Austin and Santino with my best friends, Christy, Jen, and Dacia (when she can make it). It's so wonderful!
  • We decided to stay in our house for awhile. So, next project: painting the living room a modern gray.
  • My husband has decided he wants an old VW bug. I am not so sure. This may be one time when I put my foot down (I don't do that a lot. Promise. Just look at our new TV, his scooter, etc. for examples of where I did not put my foot down.) :)
  • I want to start Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. Yes, I know it will be hard. I don't care.
  • It's starting to be Autumn in Kentucky. Which means, I need to switch to my Fall decorations soon. Bring on the pumpkins!
  • John David and I have started planning what to be at the Annual Kickert Halloween Bash! It's gonna be good, people!
  • I have sadly spent little time outside. That's going to change. Soon.

Ok. That's a lot of information, I know. But I didn't want you faithful blog readers to think I'd just been sitting at home eating bon-bons or something. I've been busy, people! But, I'm back.


1 comment:

Christy said...

Yay! Austin and Santino is so fantastically funny! Aw--I love those Thursday nights. Good friends, food, and entertainment. It's a nice little hiatus from the everyday grind.