Thursday, July 15, 2010

What We've Cooked Wednesday (I mean, Thursday).

Still trying out title ideas for my weekly recipe blog. Work in progress, sorry.

I found this recipe and had to try it.

Sorry that there is no cast of characters this week. I was sick on Monday when we made this, so John David cooked and I took pictures. Don't I just have the most wonderful husband? He cooks and cleans and does the laundry! I just love him so much!

Anyway... back to the recipe.

First, you take 4 Roma tomatoes and chop them.

Open a can of sliced ripe olives. And a can of artichoke hearts (not pictured). Chop those.

Heat some oil and garlic in a skillet.

Chop up 2 chicken breasts.


Cook it in the oil and garlic.


After the chicken is cooked, add the tomatoes, artichokes, black olives and some italian seasoning. Cover and let cook for about 10 minutes.

These are the final three ingredients: romaine lettuce, feta cheese and fresh basil.

Add the final three ingredients, let the lettuce wilt down and there you have it. Serve with crusty garlic bread.

It was really VERY good. And, very easy. It only took about 20 minutes, tops.

In other news: we have finished painting our guest bedroom, and I will be decorating it tonight. And, soon, we will start on the study. We have chosen a color called Bear Claw for the study (which looks nothing like it sounds). Can't wait to see it. I will post "after" pictures of the guest room and "before-and-after" pictures of the study. Why only "after" pictures of the guest room? Because "before" it was a non-room. Not even worth the picture space. :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I've never really had an artichoke heart :O my "palette" is so limited :\ I sorta kinda hate olives too.. but I must admit, that does look good! O, and I've never bought feta cheese!!! I'm just a mess, aren't I? :) You cook SO healthy!! Tonight I'm cooking pancakes and bacon :\ Oh mercy. lol. It sure doesn't stand up to your awesome meal!

Brittany said...

Lol, Shannon.

Pancakes and bacon sound amazing! You could always leave the olives out, if you wanted. And, you must try an artichoke heart. I love them. They're really good? I can't believe you've never had spinach and artichoke dip, then. Oh my! :)