Thursday, November 18, 2010

Because It's One Week Until Thanksgiving...

I LOVE Thanksgiving.  Really, really love it.  This year, I'm helping my amazing momma cook Thanksgiving dinner, AND I'm even making some of the dishes myself.  I told her that I would gladly make the sweet potato dish.  So, I scoured the internet looking for a delicious sweet potato casserole dish.  And then, I found it! 

But, I had to make sure that it was good.  So, a group of us got together at WKU Hill House on Sunday night, and I decided to make it, you know, as a test run.  Well, let's just say it was a HUGE hit!  JD said that he wished he could eat it every. single. day. and that it won the award for the best dish I have made all year.

So, what is this recipe you ask?  Well, go here to find out!

I did make a few *teeny* changes.  I added about a teaspoon of cinnamon to the sweet potatoes as I was mixing in the other ingredients.  And, I'm not really a big fan of marshmallows on my sweet potato casseroles, so I made a crumble of a 1/4 stick of butter, 1/2 cup (or so) of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans to put on top.  So. Good!  I promise! 

2 comments:

Diana said...

I think your new job is holding you back from blogging, can you go back to your old job?

Brittany said...

You're right. I'm awful. However, I am not going back to my old job. No ma'am.