Monday, August 9, 2010

An Update on My Mid-Century Modern (Hopefully) Home

So, I know it's been a week since I've blogged. Oh well. I've been busy.

What have you missed?

* I turned 25. I'll just say this: turning a quarter of a century was the hardest birthday to date. I just finally realized that I'm getting older. And, I don't really like it. Bring on the wrinkle cream!

* I coordinated my first wedding. By myself. Well, actually with the assistance of my great friend, Christy, but you get the point. I have wanted to be a wedding coordinator/planner for awhile now but haven't known how to get started. A lady at Broadway is a wedding coordinator, and she has had me assist her with a wedding. Apparently, she thought I did a great job as an assistant and told a couple to use me as the lone coordinator because she couldn't do it. The wedding was on Saturday and I loved every minute of it. To top that off, I am now the wedding coordinator for both campuses at Broadway.

* My garden is dying, but I have managed to use up every. single. tomato. that I have picked. So far, I have made (and jarred or frozen) salsa, tomato juice, and marinara sauce, which is cooking in my crock pot as I type this. I also still have so many squash I don't know what to do with them.

* My husband really, truly is the best husband ever. Really. He threw me a birthday party last Saturday because I had to do the wedding this Saturday (the 7th, which is my birthday) AND he surprised me and took me out to dinner on Friday night after the rehearsal as another birthday celebration. That, and he bought me the Mumford & Sons CD I wanted. And, he spent all day Saturday with his dad making the bookshelves for our study/library room. They look AMAZING! They're not stained yet, but I'll be posting the before and after pictures when they're done. And (yes, there is more), he's building me a floor basket to put all my knitting supplies in.

* We're still on the search for a house. We've found a few, but none that we HAVE to have. It's okay, we have plenty of time.

* I'm going to get to see my mom and dad next week. For a whole week.

* I really miss my brother. He's been gone for two weeks visiting my parents and it's the longest we've gone without seeing each other in quite a while. He's more than a brother - he's a great friend, so I really miss him.

* My hair is still brown. I'm still absolutely loving being a brunette.

* We just took the "kids" (aka our wonderful dogs) to the groomer's. Penelope had adorable pink bows in her hair, but before I even had a chance to take a picture, she had pulled one out. She's a mess. But, she's a cute mess.

* I have wonderful, amazing friends that spent the whole morning/early afternoon with me on Friday (I took off work). We had coffee, went shopping and ate at Olive Garden. We also went to Starbucks the morning of my birthday and had some great girl time. It's always wonderful to just be able to talk and trust each other.

* I have a wonderful family who sent me cards and made me dinner (my amazing mother-in-law). They really are the best. I cried a lot reading my birthday cards (I'm emotional, so what?). My grandma wrote: "Love you. Always have. Always will." And, I sobbed. I love them so much and don't get to see them as much as I want. I'm not even going to mention my parents' card, because I'll just start crying all over again.

* So, to wrap things up, I have been busy, I'm a year older (ugh), I have wonderful friends and family, and I have the best husband ever. Oh, and I went shopping at Beverly Hills Bargain Boutique again, but I'll post about that tomorrow.

Okay, I'm really done now.

1 comment:

Christy said...

It's okay. I balled my eyes out when I read my birthday cards this past birthday. It's hard when family is so far away especially on special days like that. Love you.