Tuesday, February 8, 2011

9

Nine years ago today I was 16 years old and had just gotten my driver's license (quite literally the day before).  It was a Friday and I was about to go on my very first date.

Ever.

I planned it so that my dad was out of town so he couldn't drill the boy that I was so crazy about.  I had gone shopping with my mom for a new outfit.  I have to say the blue polo, khakis and jean jacket was not my best fashion choice! Ha!

He picked me up in his green Taurus.  He was so darn cute I couldn't stop looking at him.  We went to Shogun, Java House (where I made him try "real" coffee for the first time), for a drive, then to see I Am Sam which we had to leave early so he could get me home in time for my curfew.  We held hands in the theater for the very first time.  When he dropped me off at home, he kissed me on my hand.

I was young.  Very young.  He was young even though I thought he was so old because he was in college.  I was nervous.  I'm sure he was, too.  But that night, I knew he was special. 
_______________________

Today, I will go home after I get off work and kiss my husband of almost four years, the love of my life for the past nine years. 


P.S.  I was not killed by the Couchsurfers.  They were amazing.  You can read all about it here.

2 comments:

td shoemaker said...

look at those baby faces.

Misty said...

That is so amazing and sweet that you all have been together since you were 16.