Thursday, February 10, 2011

23

23 years ago today, my baby brother was born.  The first memory I have is of him screaming as soon as Mom put him in my arms.  And let's just be honest, he was a pain from that moment on. :)  Until we hit college.   Then something changed.

People have said to me over and over again how crazy it is that we're so different (i.e. he rock climbs, is all outdoorsy, likes sports, ect.) yet so similar in our thoughts and personalities.  I think that this is because of two things:  1) We both got the best characteristics of our parents (in some ways I'm just like my mom and he's just like my dad and vice versa); and 2)  We're friends.

How many people can honestly say that they're best friends with their sibling?  I mean, like, hang-out-quite-a-few-times-a-week, tell-each-other-things, journey-through-life-together, and get-advice-from type of best friend?

C, here's to you.  I don't know if you ever read this, and I don't care.  I just want you to know how much I appreciate you:  your honesty, your love of life, your wisdom, your sense of humor, your friendship.  I love you little brother!

No comments: