Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A List...

Of 10 things I loved about 2010...

1)   Getting a new job where I get to do something I absolutely LOVE.


2)   Spending more time with my Ekklesia community.


3)   Gardening for the first time.


4)   Believing, doubting and learning (yes, all of them) the Way of Jesus.

5)   Becoming an aunt to the most beautiful little baby girl ever.



6)   Traveling to Apalachicola, Florida (with my husband), Lake Erie (with my family), Gatlinburg (with JD's family), and Chicago (with my sisters and mother-in-law).


7)   Being able to spend lots of quality time with one Rory Isabella Shoemaker and getting to see her walk and talk up a storm.


8)   Going to the Mumford and Sons concert.

9)   Watching my brother graduate college.


10) Falling more in love with my husband every day.


There were so many wonderful things about 2010, it's hard to list just 10.  Here's to hoping that 2011 will be even better (I mean, Italy is coming up soon, so that's pretty cool, right?)!!

2 comments:

Natalie W. said...

Fun! So question... when are you guys headed to Italy? We're planning a trip for this fall! You should pass along any tips for traveling in Europe (since you're the pro)! :)

Brittany said...

Hi Natalie!

We're going in May. I'm so excited! I am sure I will blog all about it closer to time and once we get back. I know we're planning on going to Tuscany, Rome and Sardinia.

Here are two tips I've learned so far: pack light and don't rent a car unless you have to (especially if you're planning on going to cities). Sure, cars can be cheap to rent, but parking and tolls can be outrageous. Plus, it's fun to take trains and taxis and such!