Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Renovation: Part 1

So, we're homeowners.  It's very exciting, but I have to be honest when I say that the actual "closing" is not as interesting as I thought it would be.  Maybe because I always romanticize things in my head (blame it on Jane Austen), I was a little disappointed when the guy who mediated the closing was extremely rude and then when we were done signing, they didn't even throw us a party or anything!! (Okay, I'm being a little overly dramatic on that last part.)  It just seemed a little anti-climactic.  I'm just being honest, remember?

But, any way you slice it, we are now homeowners!!  We could NOT be any more in love with our cute little house and the potential that it has.  So, last night, about 10 of us got together and did some work on the house.  I do not know what I would do without those friends and family members.  I mean, really.  They are amazing.

Step 1:  Sanding!  Because of aforementioned friends, we completed all the sanding last night. And I'm not just talking about having to sand one wall or something.  Every.single.thing. in the kitchen had to be sanded.  And all the trim in the hallway.  And all the trim in one of the bedrooms (the other two have been painted already, go figure).  There was lots to be done. 

Here are a couple pictures for your enjoyment.  This is early on in the sanding process, but you get the general idea.



Robert, my father-in-law,  my amazing husband, and my brother, Collin, all working the power sanders.


Me doing who knows what and Christy working so hard.  She definitely always wins the "happy helper" award in my book. **Sidenote:  no, I'm not pregnant, I just didn't have my shirt pulled down.  I was working hard, remember?**

Coming soon - Part 2: Etching and Priming. Or pulling up nasty carpet. (I'm not sure which we will do tonight, but I will keep you posted, I promise!)

No comments: